There are a few things that I want to do this summer. It’s kind of like a bucket-list of sorts, maybe it’s more like a coffee-cup list. It’s a list of things to do in the short season of summer:
- Visit the Amish – I see the odd sign that indicates, “watch out for the horse-drawn buggy!” I think that it would be interesting to visit an Amish farm.
- Go fishing – I did that last year, but I would like to go again, weather permitting.
- Drive to Chicago and dine at some great restaurants.
- Go to a Major League game, maybe in Cincinnati or St. Louis
- Grow a mini-vegetable garden in our yard. I’m not sure what veggies grow well here, but I think that berries seem to do well, and of course corn (but I had enough corn from last year to last me into the next decade).
- Buy fresh produce at the farmer’s market
- Visit a bee farm (just a random thought)
- Maybe go see a concert at the State Fair - last year I went to the State Fair but didn’t see a show. I would go see Maroon 5 or Janet Jackson
- Take a relaxing canoe trip down one of the meandering rivers – B.B. and I went last year and it was pretty fun
- Attend a summer concert outside (maybe at Connor Prairie or at White River State Park).
- Go spelunking in some of the caves in southern Indiana
- Drive to French Lick - I heard it was kind of touristy town with casinos. I would like to go check it out.
- Go to Santa Claus, Indiana – I would just go because of the name.
- Take a plane trip to Seattle – yes! I am toying with the idea of making a short visit to B.C. this summer. Maybe in August. Maybe I’ll see ya there!
That’s about it for now, I’ll probably add a few more things to this coffee-cup list.